If you are interested in a non-traditional job that involves working with Westchester animals, you might
want to consider becoming a nuisance wildlife control operator. Every day on the job would be
different, and you would get to interact with a wide variety of wildlife species while providing
a valuable service to New York home and land owners. There are certain steps you will have to take if you
want to look into this job position further. Below you will find specific information regarding
what the requirements for this job are and what steps you will need to take in order to get started
with your new career.
The applicants for the job as a New York nuisance wildlife control operator needs some permit requirements as follows.
• The person should complete the Westchester National Wildlife Control Training Program and also the certification exam for the eligibility to operate as a NWCO.
• The person should always carry the NWCO permit and a complaint report form while conducting NWCO activities.
The touchstones to get into this job are:
• The applicants to qualify for certification must be at least eighteen years of age
• The person is expected to be sufficed with proper equipment, knowledge and ability to control wildlife species.
• Once a person is granted the certification, he or she must apply to obtain the permit or the license to harass, kill or release Westchester animals causing damage.
The following will be beneficial for you to obtain the certification.
• The training can be requested through email or by calling the registered office in your New York area.
• The applicants enrolled for the certification must complete the agency’s trapper education course found on the student education portal page.
• The certification you obtain is good for three years from the date of issuance.
If you are serious about becoming a Westchester nuisance wildlife control operator, take the first step today and get started toward your new career. You can have a rewarding job of working with wild animals and helping distressed homeowners reclaim their property and homes from unwanted guests. As long as you enjoy being in close contact with animals and don’t mind getting into cramped spaces to retrieve different kinds of New York creatures, this may be the perfect job for you. Just follow the advice above and make sure that you have the proper qualifications and you will be well on your way.
Visit our NY wildlife removal home page to learn more about us.